Thursday, May 31, 2018

Bookmark This: Summer Reading Hype Videos!

Okay everyone, I did a ridiculous thing and accidentally deleted my original SRP Hype Video content! Whoops... Good thing I never delete any email I ever receive so I could find them all again!

I decided to just put them all together into one post, a one-stop shop for your Summer Reading calm down/check-in needs. These are all the video from 2016 and 2017.

If you weren't around a few years ago, here's the context:
I started this position in the middle of Summer Reading. When the start of SRP came around again, I knew I wanted to do something to support our member library youth services staff. I thought back to what helped me, and I remembered how comforted I felt when I read (and read again and again) posts like Ingrid at The Magpie Librarian's "I Got 99 Problems and They're All Related to Summer Reading." I laughed, I cried, I felt comforted. Like we were all in this together.

So I reached out to some folks and got enough responses to send one video per week from June to August to our member library staff. The next summer I put out an all-call on the blog (since it was no longer a surprise) and I got fewer responses, but still got some. I wonder what changed between 2016 and 2017? It's a mystery.

Anyway, here is a sloth in a teacup followed by some amazing library Youth Services staff from all around the Internet ready to talk self-care, sing pump-you-up songs, and make you laugh. Forever. Because they're recorded.

It will all be okay. You're doing great.



Baby sloth sitting in a tea cup.
photo by Sam Trull of the Sloth Institute

Summer T R I P Tips from Rebecca at Hafuboti

Library Cheer by Melissa at Mel's Desk

Summer Reading Micro Self-Care by Meg at Miss Meg's Storytime

Friday Night Lights-style pump-up video by Lisa at Thrive After Three

Get Ready, Get Set, Read! by Lindsey and Dana at Jbrary

Five Leslie Knope Tips for Summer Reading by Amy at The Show Me Librarian

Our Summer Reading Program  song by Rebecca at Hafuboti (she's prolific)

GIF and Meme-filled Hype Video by Anna at Everyday Diversity

Finding Awesome Moments by Abby at Abby the Librarian

A Million Ways to Get through Summer Reading (Lady Gaga parody) by Julie at Tales for the Tiny

Scènes d'une Biblioteque en Ete by Rebecca at Hafuboti (let's be absolutely honest here, she should have won a Movers and Shakers award for this, also.)

Top 5 Places to Hide and Cry at Your Library by..um.. Me. at Here.

A big THANK YOU to our contributors, and a big HANG IN THERE to all you staff on the front line of SRP. Your patrons are so glad you're there and I'm grateful for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment