Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Iron Fist Child Management: The Class

Oh my goodness, everyone. I've looked like Abed here since I found out my proposed class was accepted with UW SLIS Continuing Education, and am so happy that it's posted and people can register for it and please maybe register for it so it doesn't get canceled!

Announcing:
Iron Fist Child (and some parent) Management: The Class.

This is something I've wanted to do since I found out that this is a thing, Marge was nice enough to set me up with a contact at SLIS. I sent them a proposal, followed up with the exact description that you see on the website, and here we are!

Here's what I really want to say about this course for those on the fence:

This is not a "tips and tricks" course. We are going to continue with the conversation we started with the Iron Fist posts on this blog 3 years ago, The stuff we've discussed is just the tip of the iceberg. This course is in the business of changing hearts.

We all have stuff we need to work on. Me included. I've shared some of my child management failures before on this blog, and I most definitely have more that I'll tell you about, Because in order for us to build strong hearts to work with our most stubborn kids, we have to dig deep, trust ourselves and each other.


Here's some questions to ask yourself or your staff if you're still unsure about taking this course:
--Are you ever unsure about enforcing known library policy because you're afraid how a child or teen will react?
--Do you ever dread a program, tour, or a school visit because you don't know if the kids will listen to you?
--Do you ever dread summer for its influx of kids?
--Have you ever put up with bad behavior or odd physical contact so you could keep a child's attention?
--Have you ever decided to serve food or promise prizes to kids because you're afraid they won't come to your programs?

If you answered yes to any of these questions, or it makes you think of someone, please join or share my course.

If you want to, like, hang out with me and hear my thoughts and share your thoughts about kids and their brain for 6 weeks, you're welcome to join or share my course too.

Hope to see you there. We have so much good work to do together.

Click here to register. You know, if you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment