Wednesday, June 18, 2014

SLP Stories in Action Table

A cartoon donkey drawn in crayon with a speech bubble.
Text reads: "Tell us about a book you've read!"
Late last year we lost our fish tables (tables that looked like fish; not made of fish or specifically for fish), which meant that my space for the Story Action Pods went away. As I was brainstorming a new place for it, I thought about covering one of the tables we already had with butcher paper so kids could draw directly on it,  like some family restaurants do (I don't know which ones those are now, but there was one in Tallahassee Mall that did that. a Ryan's?). Exactly two days later, Rebecca at Hafuboti posted her Table Top Time inspired by Mo Willems, which gave me the courage to try it out... eventually.

GIF of Shaquille O'Neil shimmying his shoulders,
followed by a cat wagging its behind.
No matter what I write here, you're going to be watching that GIF still, so I might as well accept that.



"Eventually" became Summer Reading, where every week we ask the kids to write or draw something as part of their gamecard. Now, they can do that at the library!

A giraffe drawn in crayon

Text reads: "I would be a dog because everybody would be
giving me back muscles [read: massages] all the time."

This station will change every week throughout Summer, and I'll post the prompts here as we go. Feel free to download them and use them at your library!
Week 1: What was the last book you read?
Week 2: If you were an animal, what would you be?
Week 3: Did you read a Mystery Book? (learn more about this insanely easy and popular library game from the brain of Marge here!)

No comments:

Post a Comment