Thursday, November 15, 2012

Story Action Pod: BOT edition

C/O Mr Schu Reads
So after the overwhelming fun that emanated from our last Story Action Pod (which, by the way, was a landslide victory with a write-in candidate) I was energized to create another one. After all the sharks and trains, I decided that the Story Action Pod was severely lacking in the robot department.

I went with "Boy +Bot" by Ame Dyckman and Dan Yaccarino, which I snatched greedily from the fingers of an unsuspecting child while laughing maniacally and possibly pointing before tearing off on my Harley

Or from the new picture books display. I promise. It's another one of those, though, that we probably should have more copies of, because it is literally never available. So after I checked it out to myself, I smacked one of these bad boys on it to prevent it from walking away:


The smiley face was a careless afterthought.

I actually spent a little more time on this one, because my original idea was overly complex. I think I made the correct decision-- here's two entries for our make-a-book we got today:

Done half with pen; we make them ask for coloring supplies




The fact that this robot has hair freaks me out for some reason.



Ready to try this awesome stealth program?
"BOY+BOT" Directions: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B3Xfsh6UaBOSQXhpczRPTW1BVXc
"BOY+BOT" activity sheet: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B3Xfsh6UaBOSY3dzSzBqRlgtZWs

'Tis the season for sharing, Fred.

No comments:

Post a Comment